Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin Bread




Do you have a favorite recipe book?

I love a good cookbook.  I've said it before and I will say it again.  One of my most favorite things is to curl up on the couch with a good cookbook.  I love everything about them.  I have more cookbooks than I should, but I could never have enough.   

The first Christmas after I was married (a million years ago), I asked my honey for a cookbook.  To this day, it is probably my favorite and most used.  It long ago lost its cover.  I couldn't bear parting with it, so I took it apart and put each page in a page protector and then put them all in a giant binder.  Now my binder is starting to fall apart.  I have written notes and marked the recipes that I love the most over the years. 

This recipe originated from that book.  I have altered it slightly to accomodate the fresh pumpkin puree. 

Pumpkin bread--it's so delicious.  It just screams fall.  I really like the texture and flavor that the whole wheat flour gives to this recipe.  Give it a try.  Let me know how it goes.

 (adapted from a recipe in The Complete Book of Baking by Pillsbury)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun blog! I have twins from China. The dragon eggs are so clever. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi! I couldn't resist looking up your blog--your twins are ADORABLE! Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...